LIBERTY Raceway Park
1. Absolutely no alcohol or illegal drugs allowed on the property at any time.
2. Respect is to be shown to fellow competitors and crews, gate attendants, at registration, and to all track officials at all times.
3. For safety reasons there are to be NO karts driven through the pits. Your kart must be shut off after exiting the track (before leaving the fenced in scale area).
4. No glass containers allowed in the pits.
5. ABSOLUTELY NO FIGHTING - NO EXCEPTIONS! Fighting will results in immediate suspension from the track.
6.The TRACK OFFICIALS and TECH MAN have the final say. Any driver, crew, or family member that argues with any TRACK OFFICIAL or TECH MAN may be suspended from the track.
7. The track scales are ALWAYS right!
8. The Driver's Meetings are MANDATORY before any racing begins. The meeting will be announced; ALL DRIVERS MUST ATTEND! Minors should have a parent or guardian with them at ALL times. ANY driver that does not attend the meeting will forfeit the fastest lap of qualifying if your class roll is called and you are not present.-- NO EXCEPTIONS!
9. Dispose of ALL oil in the drums provided and clean up any spills. Anyone caught dumping their oil on the ground will be suspended from the track.
10. Please make sure to throw ALL of your trash away into the bags provided. If you do not receive a trash bag, then you may go to the gate or flag stand and ask for one.
11. Pets must be on a leash and within the owners sight at all times. Pet owners must clean up after pet at all times. This is a courtesy rule for all fellow karters.
12. No one under the age of 16 is allowed to operate a motorized vehicle of any type whether it is gas or battery powered. Failure following this could cause forfeit of the fastest lap qualified.
13. All bicycles are to be put in your pit area at time of practice and throughout the rest of the event.
14.Anyone who feels compelled to argue with the race director is subject to be disqualified for all events of that night.
Safety is our main concern. Therefore we are asking all drivers to have a fire extinguisher in their pit area, should you choose not to comply with this rule you are assuming total responsibility for your own safety. Karts that come to Liberty Raceway Park to race must be in SAFE race ready condition! The Tech Officials will do a safety check on all karts at your request or if made mandatory by the track. It is the Kart owner/drivers responsibility to insure that their kart is in SAFE working condition.
1. Helmet will be 2005 Snell approved and up. All helmets are to be fastened snuggly while on the track.
2. Full coverage driver wear including: shoes, racing jacket, long pants, neck brace and gloves are required.
3. Neck brace designed for racing is required.
4. Arm sleeve is recommended but not required.
5. Elbow pad for right elbow is recommended but not required.
6. Chest and rib protective jacket is mandatory for the Jr. 1 & 2 classes.
7. Long hair must be well-secured and kept under helmet.
8. No loose clothing while racing! This is to ensure safety.
All drivers must be entered into a class before practicing.
There must be a minimum of 8 karts in a class at each event to be eligible for year-end awards. For championship points we will be dropping one race.Competitors must run at least one green lap in a race to receive points for that race.
Races with 3 or less entries will receive 175 points for the winner, 155 points for second place finisher, and 140 for third place finisher plus number of entries in each event. Races with 4 or more entries will be awarded points according to the WKA point system.
Open tire rule for all Local and NCDS events.
February 2016 - This rule has been revived to previous rule. You may have 1 relief driver and 1 drop race. The driver asking for substitute driver must submit a doctor's written excuse. Also, with relief driver, you will not recieve the 50 bonus points. You will recieve the finishing points for the finish of the substitute driver only and that race can be dropped if needed.
The race format is as follows:
- One round will be open practice and the Second round will be by class per race event lineup.
- Qualifying by transponders unless otherwise stated by track official.
- Races will be 20 laps unless the time factor causes them to be reduced. Classes with 7 + entries will consist of 20 laps or 20 minutes (whichever comes first). Classes with 6 or less entries will have their main events condensed to 12 laps or 12 minutes (whichever comes first). This may be changed at the track’s decision.
- The maximum number of karts in a class will be a track decision. When the number of entries per class exceeds one main event and has a B Main, C Main, and so, then the position of the B Main, C Main, and so on will collect no more than the number of points than the position qualified. (example: if the B Main starts with the 26th qualifier, whomever win such main will collect points for the 26th position.)
DRAFTING DURING QUALIFYING IS PROHIBITED. THE FLAGMAN WILL DELETE LAPS WHERE DRAFTING OCCURRED.
NO PUSHING OF CHAMP KARTS OUT OF GRID FOR QUALIFYING. IF FOUND DOING SUCH, FASTEST LAP WILL BE FORFITED.
Time trials will determine the race starting order for each class except for Kid Karts and Baby Champs. No substitute qualifiers. If driver does not qualify kart in which is signed up at registration, that driver will start in the rear of the field.
If after qualifying, you feel you need to change motors due to any reason, you will need to contact the tech director and take the motor to him for tech purposes.
It is the drivers’ responsibility to make sure they are in their correct position on the start or re-starts of every race.
Transponders should be mounted on the steering shaft on karts.
ALL DRIVERS ARE REQUIRED TO MAKE AN EFFORT TO INSURE THEIR TRANSPONDER IS ON THEIR KART, MOUNTED CORRECTLY, BEFORE ENTERING THE GRID TO QUALIFY OR RACE.
The IMPOUND AREA IS A RESTRICTED AREA. ANYONE ENTERING THE INPOUND AREA (CORRAL AREA), WHETHER IT BE AT QUALIFYING OR MAIN EVENTS, WILL BE SUBJECT TO GETTING THEIR DRIVER DISQUALIFIED. YOU MUST GET PERMISSION FROM THE TRACK OFFICIAL TO ENTER THAT RESTRICTED AREA.
THE TOP 3 FINISHERS OF EACH CLASS (UNLESS OTHERWIZE SPECIFIED BY TECH OFFICIAL)MUST STAY IN THE TECH AREA UNTIL THE TECH OFFICIAL GIVES PERMISSION TO LEAVE SUCH AREA. fAILURE TO FOLLOW THIS RULE IS SUBJECT TO DISQUALIFICTION.
If an accident has happened, the red flag has been displayed, and the race has completed ½ the laps of the entire race then the race is considered a completed event. If an event has completed 1 lap and the race director feels that the race should be called complete, he/she has the right to do so. Safety is the main subject of the decision. This rule does not comply for red flag to re-line up a class or any minor adjustments.
The start of each race will be single file unless the race director announces otherwise. There will be a starting line on the front stretch in which to indicate a starting place to the lead kart. There will also be a line in turn 2 area in which will indicate where you can pass to the inside after the green flag has been given. After the green flag has been displayed, on beginning start and re-starts, you will not be allowed to pass to the inside until reaching the second line on the track in turn 2 area.
If there is a multiple kart wreck and all karts continue on except 1 (or more) and a caution is drawn for the 1(or more) kart(s), the karts drawing the caution will be put in the rear. The karts that continue on will return in their previous lap positions. This is by direction from the flagman and/or race director. This is to decrease the amount of caution flags thrown and increase racing experience. Sitting to draw a caution will result in being given the black flag.
We honor the 3 spin rule. If a driver spins 3 times, then it is considered unsafe for the drivers and the others for that kart to stay on the track.
Liberty Raceway Park is constantly working to manage the timing of our events. With 20+ classes on our schedule, it’s important for us to manage the total time each class is on the track during a race. We have established a maximum time of 20 minutes per class to accomplish each race. The 20-minute time starts when the flagman shows the first green flag. When 20 minutes have passed, the flagman or race director will have the authority to stop the race at any time they feel fit for safety purpose. If the race has been called due to a caution, the finish will be of the last completed lap with the ones that caused the caution being put in the rear.
There is two ways of protesting. There is the full engine protest which will have a $200.00 fee from the protester and a $50 acceptance fee from the protested to accept. There is also a top engine protest in which the tech men check the top end of the engine. This type of protest has a fee of $150.00 from the protester and a $50.00 acceptance fee from the protested to accept. These fees are to be paid to Liberty Raceway Park and the following steps are to be followed:
1. Tech Director must be notified of protest at scale/impound area while both karts are in impound area before exiting the gated area.
2. The protested engine must remain in the tech area until the tech director permits the removal of such engine.
3. The protestor can only protest the competitor's engine finishing directly in front of him/her. (e.g. if the protestor finishes fourth, he/she can only protest the third place finisher). No reverse protest.
4. The Tech team’s decision is final.
The protest and part is given to the Tech Official/Track Owner who will examine the part/protest to make the final determination. THEIR DECISION IS FINAL. The responsibility of the Tech Official/Track Owner is to decide if the part either met or failed, by the description of the Tech Manual, not to decide whether the Tech Manual is correct or not. If the part is found to be illegal, no money will be returned, the driver will be “DQ’d” from that event and the part will be confiscated by LRP. Upon being DQ’ed due to being found illegal, that race can NOT be used as a dropped race. If the protested part is found legal, the race finish restored. The Tech Officials will attempt to meet the night of the race and a decision will be made unless there are questions involving the part that require additional information to insure the proper call is made. Tech officials will decide what will be of teched for all classes.
If bad weather is forecasted for a scheduled race, the track owner will try his/her best to announce cancelation as soon as he/she feels. It is their duty and privilege to try to complete each and every event. Scheduled events may or may not be rescheduled depending upon the available dates or weather. This will be at the discretion of the track owner. The announcements of rain dates will be announced on Liberty Raceway Park’s website (www.daytonaofdirt.com), Facebook, and on Bob’s 4-Cycle.
If during a race event, the weather turns into rain/snow/sleet and qualifying has been completed, the race is a completed event. No refunds will be given.
If during a race event and qualifying is in progress, it is the tracks decision whether to stop qualifying or not. Safety is of the utmost importance.
Fighting is absolutely prohibited. Our intent is to keep an atmosphere that of a family type. If there is an instance where a fight does happen, we have deputies that will be able to assist in correction of such inexcusable conduct. Following are the guideline we go by:
1. WKA rules state that the driver is responsible for their pit crew and their conduct. We will enforce this rule. Also, we will include the ones that come as friends to watch you race. If you, the driver, do not want conflict, sit down with your friends or crew members and set the law down.
2. The first time involved in a fight or altercation, you will receive one race suspension and the points gained of that entire night will be reduced to 0.
3. The second time involved in a fight or altercation, you will receive a three race suspension and the points gained that entire night will be reduced to 0.
4. The third time involved in a fight or altercation, you will be suspended with no permission of return. These rules do not pertain per year. They are per person for the entire time Liberty Raceway Park is under the management it is now. We at Liberty Raceway Park would like everyone to get along, but also we know that tempers rise. We want you all to know that when those tempers rise, remember there are consequences for those undesirable actions.
To be eligible to earn the season’s end awards, a driver will need to participate in ¾ the amount of events in a series.
Example: 11 events for the year in a series, you must run 8 of the events.
7 events for the year in a series, you must run 5 of the events.
To be eligible to earn the OVERALL POINTS AWARD, a driver will have to earn the largest amount of points in a class with a minimum of 8 entries in the class at each event.
1) The engine must be ran out of the box
2) The governor must be connected and operational
3) The air filter and sock must be installed per factory.
4) The engine must have a key way as installed by factory on the flywheel
5) The engine must pass a governor test on the stand if asked 5500 max
6) Any engine can be claimed by a racer in the field after race
7) Claim price $150 / tech receives $30
8) Track can claim any engine or in pre announced races require any participant to run a track supplied engine.
9) You may disconnect vent tube on tank
10) You may disconnect throttle stop screw
11) You must run the factory gas tank
12) You can only bolt on a chain guard , no other aftermarket parts allowed
13) You can add a heat shield
14) You can unplug the oil sensor
15) You can vent the gas cap
16) Weight 390 lb. / open tire / open clutchAs of 2/17/2017 the decision to add the Predator 425 class was made. The interest shown in this class and the Predator 390 class will determine what will happen in the following year. As posted on Bob's 4-Cycle and on Facebook, the Predator 425 does have a weight rule on the driver of 200 lb. This rule will be enforced.
17) The predator classes are claiming classes. Anyone that does not give up their engine upon a claim will not be able to participate in anymore predator engine classes for that year (6-17-17).